Radio Sawa, the all-Arabic streaming music and news application we created with the team from MBN Digital was selected as a finalist in the 2015 Appy Awards for “Radio/Audio Apps” and it’s competing against Disney’s Frozen Karaoke app and HuMX: Human Mixtape app that uses iBeacons to customize audio experiences.
Radio Sawa just launched version 1.1 a couple months ago and is getting close to it’s one-year anniversary since launching last June. The new version added another live stream, so now there’s 8 total, added push notifications, performance improvements and more audio on-demand podcasts.
Radio Sawa was also selected as a finalist for the GSMA Global Mobile Awards earlier in the year for “Best Mobile Music App.”
Latest posts by Will Sullivan (see all)
- Listen to VOA audio programs over your cellular voice connection with the VOA Mobile Streamer apps - July 7, 2015
- Radio Sawa selected as a finalist for the 2015 Appy Awards - May 26, 2015
- How Alhurra drives more mobile, desktop, social shares and app installs, with just a small, strategic ‘Push’ - May 18, 2015
- ODDI rockstar Scrum Master shares his Agile expertise at GSA DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit - May 18, 2015
- Alhurra and VOA Java apps prove wildly successful growing audience quickly in emerging markets - May 7, 2015