The Alhurra app redesign, executed by the ODDI Mobile Team in partnership with MBN Digital, featured revamped branding and an interface featuring larger, bolder images and typography, a new tablet-optimized interface, a live video streaming channel, enhanced push notifications and redesigned user-generated content offering audiences tools for submitting video, photos, audio and text directly to the news organization in breaking news situations.
“This award is the result of an organization filled with amazing content partners, a team of fantastic designers and developers and a QA and support team that executes excellence and focuses on every detail to create a great experience for Alhurra audiences,” said Will Sullivan, Director of Mobile for the BBG. “SND is the big dog in news design and we are so excited for all of our hard work to be recognized in the industry alongside pioneers like NPR and The New York Times.”
“We are extremely proud of this recognition of the SND Awards. We always strive for excellence when it comes to generating content and delivering it to our audience,” stated the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (MBN) President Brian Conniff. MBN manages and operates Alhurra Television.
The Society for News Design (SND) is an international organization for news media professionals and visual communicators who create print, web, mobile publications and products. The Best of Digital Design is an annual competition that rewards skill, innovation and high-quality digital journalism. The competition was launched in 2002 and invites entries from all news sites published anywhere in the world.
- Download the Alhurra apps and learn more about all the other ODDI mobile products at:
Latest posts by Will Sullivan (see all)
- Listen to VOA audio programs over your cellular voice connection with the VOA Mobile Streamer apps - July 7, 2015
- Radio Sawa selected as a finalist for the 2015 Appy Awards - May 26, 2015
- How Alhurra drives more mobile, desktop, social shares and app installs, with just a small, strategic ‘Push’ - May 18, 2015
- ODDI rockstar Scrum Master shares his Agile expertise at GSA DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit - May 18, 2015
- Alhurra and VOA Java apps prove wildly successful growing audience quickly in emerging markets - May 7, 2015