I’m tickled to announce that Radio Free Asia is the latest BBG entity to join our suite of BBG applications for Android and Apple IOS mobile and tablet devices with support for 10 languages from English to Tibetan (including 3 Uyghur scripts).
Our partner in collaboration, Catherine Antoine, Director – Managing Editor of RFA Online, welcomed the launch saying, “These multilanguage applications delivering Asian news will inform the new generation of mobile users, who are tomorrow’s leaders.”
This project took a lot of extra hard work from superhero developer and all-around nice guy, Michael “Flip” McFadden, as RFA is on an entirely different content management system than other BBG entities so ODDI Mobile marauders, Bo Kostro and Danish Ahmed, had to do a lot of testing, localizations and custom development work to get all the framework connected and working.
RFA joins RFE, VOA, Alhurra and Marti Noticias on the Umbrella App framework, which going forward we’ll be able to build features for all five entities in parallel providing innovative, enterprise-quality news experiences customized for the challenges that our audiences in emerging markets face.
- Get the Radio Free Asia app for free on Apple IOS and Android now!
- Download all the BBG applications!
Latest posts by Will Sullivan (see all)
- How Alhurra drives more mobile, desktop, social shares and app installs, with just a small, strategic ‘Push’ - May 18, 2015
- ODDI rockstar Scrum Master shares his Agile expertise at GSA DigitalGov Citizen Services Summit - May 18, 2015
- Alhurra and VOA Java apps prove wildly successful growing audience quickly in emerging markets - May 7, 2015
- ODDI Mobile team selected to present at Government Mobility Application Fair - May 6, 2015
- Alhurra app redesign wins international recognition from Society for News Design - March 27, 2015